About B.lib in One Year :
Bachelor of Library and Information Science is a degree, granted to candidates of Library Science. Library Science uses information technology to preserve archives in various fields for determination of education. The duration of the course is 1 year in regular mode. B.Lib in One Year course suitable for those students who are discontinued from UGC DEB MHRD approved University due to any reason and now these students wants to complete the course.
Need of B.lib in One Year :
- Help the student to communicate effectively through writing and in interpersonal communication skills.
- Help in using the Information and Communication Technology effectively.
- To make informed decisions in the selection, utilization and evaluation of Information Technology.
- Help in managing and integrate administrative systems.
- To apply contemporary theories of Organizational Behavior.
Eligibility Criteria of B.lib in One Year :
The eligibility criteria for the course is graduation degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
|Skill Set of B.lib in One Year|
|Ability to think analytically||Ability to make administrative decisions|
|Ability to supervise staff||Ability to maintain effective and healthy working relationships with associates, supervisors, volunteers, etc|
|Ability to organise job duties||Communication skills|
|Research skills||Attention to detail|
Syllabus & Subjects of B.lib in One Year :
|Library, Information & Society||Library Classification (Theory)|
|Library Classification (Practical)||Library Cataloguing (Theory)|
|Library Cataloguing (Practical)||Library Management & Information Centers|
|Information Sources & Services||Library Information Technology|
|Project Work: Literature and Field Survey|
Scope of B.lib in One Year
- Lib & I.S.C course offers you diversity of job avenues like: – a librarian, Documentation Officer, Library and Information Officer, Deputy Librarian and Information Analyst.
- Pay package of a person employed in this field ranges between 2 lacs to 12 lacs per annum liable upon the proficiency of the person and the organization.